To change the buttons from the left to the right
Minimize, Maximize and Close button placement
A decision has been taken to move the placement to the left. Mark Shuttleworth explained that this was because “something” is going to be placed in the right hand area in the next release. Moving the buttons now would help enable this change.
The buttons are in the old location on all default themes apart from Ambiance,Radiance and Dust, If you still want the Ambiance ,Radiance or Dust theme but with buttons on the right, choose one of those other themes and use the Customize button to achieve what you want. e.g.
1. System > Preferences > Appearance
2. Select the theme icon “New Wave”
3. Click the button “Customize..”
4. Select tab “Controls” and select “Ambiance”
5. Select tab “Window border” and select “Ambiance”
6. Select tab “Icons” and scroll down and select “Ubuntu-mono-dark”
7. Select “Save Theme” to your choice.
Using gconf-editor is not the right approach as this could bork future themes. This change makes it easier for themes to do interesting things with window borders. Unfortunately, if the wrong approach spreads, they won’t be able to do that.
Source http://www.ubuntugeek.com/known-ubuntu-10-04lucid-lynx-issuesbugs-with-workarounds.htmlTags: change buttons from left to right